Goplana’s chocolate is full of emotions since 1912
Goplana is one of the oldest Polish confectionary brands and the main local rival of E. Wedel. Its history goes back to 1912 when a small factory of chocolate and cocoa powder, called Gonda, was established in Poznań. In 1913 the name of the factory was changed to Goplana which is a traditional Polish name of a nymph (naiad). Before the II World War, Goplana produced a wide range of chocolates, candies, caramels, biscuits and other sweets.
In the 1990s the Goplana brand was purchased by Nestle Poland which did not turn out to be a successful take-over. The Goplana brand did not receive enough attention and budget within Nestle’s huge portfolio of brands. Therefore in 2004 Nestle sold Goplana with its Poznan factory to Polish FMCG group called Jutrzenka Holding S.A.
Fortunatelly Jutrzenka decided to invest and revive the declining Goplana brand. In 2007 Goplana was relaunched with a new logo and new packaging, designed by GPD Advertising, which signalled the repositioning of the brand into the premium segment. The new logo includes the “since 1912” mark which certainly boosts Goplana’s association with tradition and good quality. Likewise, the recipes of the chocolates and the ingredients were also upgraded to match the new brand image. In 2007 a new advertising campaign was developed wich featured a beautiful TV spot – a 3D animation produced by Platige Image with the brand’s new strapline: Goplana – Pełna Uczuć [Goplana - Full of Emotions].
This commercial has been aired in Poland since 2007 until now – it’s been running in cinemas and TV also this year. The TV and Cinema campaign has been supported by some press insertions like the one below which promotes Goplana’s range of Bitter Chocolate.
Advertising Agency: GPD Advertising, Poznań (Poland)